Picard goes on on well-earned shore leave, but is extremely disappointed when he see’s what’s waiting for him.
This was my final render of the April’s 11 Second Club challenge. Unfortunately I didn’t get this finished in time to enter, but I thought I’d finish it anyway, saying as I’d already got so far with it. It’s far from perfect, but I’m starting to get the hang of more complex animation in Blender now. I got my hands on the CGCookie’s Blender Animation Toolkit recently, highly recommended if you’ve just started to work on character animation in Blender and you want to move it up a step.
All done in Blender 2.6 with the CGCookie Cookie Rig.
I’ve been experimenting with the Cloth Modifier and the Wind Force Field this week. A client wanted a spring season feel to their logo, so I decided to play with part of their logo which is in the shape of a flower and try to blow it across the screen with a few others before it settles in place. I found the perfect tutorial on Vimeo by the ever faithful CG Cookie, so thanks to them for helping out once again.
It took a while to play around with the force fields and get the results I wanted. The flower was set up by creating a plane and subdividing it a few times, then applying the flower as a png texture with an alpha channel. The flower was duplicated, repositioned and scaled a few times. One big thing I’ve learned is that both the cloth modifier and the force field seem to rely a lot on the global scale of the scene, in the same way that lights also seem to be related, so I had to adjust the cloth settings on the smaller flowers differently from the larger ones. It’s something I’m going to have to play around with and try to get used to building models the correct size. A simple plane was set up as a floor for collision and shadow catching. Here are a few of the experiments, and the final result.