I’ve just finished creating this logo for a client, to use for his new miniatures rule system which he’s working on. Modelled in Blender and rendered with Cycles. I also did a little bit of post work in Photoshop. Not much, just touching up a few fireflies, cleaning up some reflections I wasn’t happy with, adding a few glints and highlights here and there and some colour correction.
Here’s a few wip images from the process.
Initial Sketch from client’s sketch.
Clean lineart from Illustrator to model from.
Some colour tests from Illustrator.
Initial Blender model.
Model version 2.
And here are a few Blender screenshots of the finished model to keep you Blenderheads happy! If you’re wondering what all the hemispheres are in the last screenshot, there’s a great tutorial on Youtube from Scifi Animator about using them to light scenes in Blender Cycles, a great tip which I’ll be using again. Best new feature in Blender that I’m loving at the minute is the Inset tool (shortkey – ‘i’), it would have been a nightmare job trying to do those little borders without it.
Here’s the latest mesh of Sally, co-star of our 3d short, iRover. I think this is pretty much the finished mesh now. I still have some tweaks to add in a few folds to her clothes, and I need to work some more on her textures, like her eyelashes, eyebrows and hair. I’ve decided not to use particle hair in this, I still haven’t quite got the hang of it, so I’m sticking to poly hair for now. She’ll also need a couple of wardrobe changes throughout which I’ll work on later. But this will be enough for now to work on a rig. I did some mild tweaking to her face and head, my previous version seemed a little too young in my opinion, you can see the comparison in the pic below. I think you’ll agree she looks a lot more natural.